Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Beauty of Eleanor Roosevelt

Eleanor Roosevelt was a genius.  She knew her place in live and lived it.  President Roosevelt may have stepped on her, but she knew where she was in life and lived it peacefully.  People may step on me, but I will not let that make me feel inferior.  As the great Eleanor Roosevelt said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." 


I will no longer give people the consent to make me feel inferior.  As a person struggling to find employment after graduation from college (back in December 2009), I allow other recent graduates to push me down and make me feel that they are better then me.  Well, yes they got a job- but that is not what the Lord has planned for me.  He wants me to struggle to make a way and a name for myself.  Without a struggle to reach my goal (currently a career), my goal would not be something fulfilling to reach.  My struggle is making me a stronger person and I need to thank God for that.  The stronger a person I become, the better person I become.  


Like the beautifully intelligent Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." I can wish as much as I want, but without planning that wish will never become the truth.  From now on I will plan my future instead of wishing for my future.  When stuck in a horrible situation, I will plan a way out, instead of wishing a way out.


One last amazing Eleanor Roosevelt quote I want to focus on is, "The future belongs to those whose believe in the beauty of their dreams."  My dreams are beautiful and I will make them my future.

1 comment:

  1. thanks sarie! that was very good for me as well. i have been so down lately being so far away from everyone that supports me. sigh.

    ReplyDelete